We offer one of the world’s leading air traffic forecasting teams producing robust , insightful passenger and cargo forecasts.
Our passenger and cargo traffic forecasts are used to support a variety of business decisions. These include long-term new route assessments for airlines, long-term masterplans for airports and financial transactions (airport or airline acquisition, disposal and refinancing).
We tailor our forecast output to your needs, with segmentation aligned with key value drivers. As part of our analysis, we undertake market analysis to assess potential upside or downside risks, as well as general macroeconomic and market positioning factors.
Passenger, Cargo, ATM and Secondary Forecasts
We use a variety of analytical techniques to produce robust , realistic and defensible forecasts. The approach undertaken will reflect the particular circumstances of the market in question, as well as the nature of the required forecast output .
- Econometric modelling, incorporating macroeconomic factors (e.g. GDP), microeconomic factors (e.g. fares and taxes, fuel cost , emissions trading, etc.) and traffic elasticities.
- Bottom-up forecasts (by route, airline, aircraft , frequency).
- Traffic allocation modelling (passenger choice between competing airports).
- Connections modelling (QSI).
- Scenario testing and sensitivity analysis. Peak period and design day modelling,
- used to inform terminal and airfield masterplanning, surface access development and environmental assessment .
- Non-aeronautical forecasts (e.g. car park occupation).