Berlin Brandenburg International Airport – Traffic Forecasts
Berlin Airports appointed AviaSolutions as an independent traffic advisor to provide comprehensive long-term traffic forecasts. These forecasts were to support the design and financing of the new gateway airport for the German capital.
Our role involved:
- Thorough independent analysis of the market, including an assessment of traffic growth trends, key market risks, opportunities, economic conditions, catchment demographics, exposure to possible airline failures, competition issues and pricing implications.
- Interviews with key network and low cost airlines serving the existing airport.
- Detailed traffic forecasts over a 30-year period based on a systematic approach linking socio-economic, technical and other assumptions to short and long-term traffic projection.
- Scenario analyses based on a variety of sensitivities.
- Development of air transport movement forecasts, design day schedule and car parking demand.
- Presentations to potential lenders.
AviaSolutions has provided traffic forecast support to Berlin Airports since 2006 which has also included presentations to the regulator and airport-airline working groups.