Ferrovial Aeropuertos – Sale of London Gatwick Airport
AviaSolutions was appointed by Ferrovial to support it in its disposal of Gatwick Airport, one of BAA’s seven UK airports, and one of the largest airport sales by value to date. Our involvement included the development of a Vendor Due Diligence report as one of the key sales documents in the transaction process.
A team of 10 Avia consultants developed a 300 plus page report within a two month time period covering:
- Traffic performance review and forecasts.
- Regulatory review and implications for future aeronautical revenues.
- Commercial revenue performance review and outlook.
- Operational expenditure review and projections.
- Infrastructure review, capacity assessment and view on future infrastructure requirements.
Analysis was undertaken through a detailed site visit and multiple interviews with the airports key management teams. Underlying passenger, financial and infrastructure models were developed as part of the process, and made available to the client.
The report was distributed to short listed bidders who were given the opportunity to undertake a detailed oral interrogation of the Avia team by way of technical advisor interviews.
The process culminated with the recent announcement of the sale of London Gatwick airport to Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) for £1.51bn.