Invest NI – Route Development Fund
Invest Northern Ireland appointed AviaSolutions to develop, implement and manage a Route Development Fund to develop the network of international services from Northern Ireland.
- Meeting with airports and airlines to understand the opportunities for developing new routes out of Northern Ireland.
- Developing a route investment appraisal framework to determine the high level economic and social benefits on a route by route basis.
- Modelling the financial implications of investment on a route by route basis and for the overall fund.
- Working with key stakeholders in Northern Ireland, including Invest NI, Tourism Ireland, the Northern Ireland Administration and the airport in order to market Northern Ireland to airlines.
- Negotiating with airlines and airports on the level of potential investment.
Several new routes were secured including services by Continental Airlines to New York.