Scottish Government – Route Development Support
We work closely with the Scottish Government providing bespoke route development material designed to enhance Scottish air connectivity in target markets. Assignments include delivering airline route pitches at the world and European ROUTES conferences.
Key activities include:
- An overview of market intelligence data that supports the Scottish Government Economic and Tourism objectives.
- Development of a route development strategy based on benchmark gap analysis.
- Developing detailed route traffic forecasts using CAA and MIDT data, including point to point demand, onward connectivity, journey purpose and market capture.
- Presentation of material to airline commercial managers as part of the marketing pitch.
- Deal brokering and commercial negotiations.
We have refined our route development methodology and material from comprehensive experience gained during implementation of the previous Route Development Fund (RDF) that resulted in a wide range of new short haul and long haul routes being delivered in Scotland over a three-year period.