Heathrow Airport – Third Runway
BAA appointed AviaSolutions as lead air traffic forecasting advisors for the proposed Third Runway development. This supported the development of the masterplan for the three runway airport, as well as providing inputs to environmental studies and financial evaluations. The forecasts were also used to support the development of the planning application for the third runway.
Our role involved:
- Production of annual and busy forecasts.
- Production of secondary forecasts to inform masterplanning (e.g. stand, runway movement rates, busy hours etc).
- Aircraft mix forecasts to inform environmental assessments.
- Runway use forecasts to inform airspace planning.
- Scenario planning based in different movement rates and environmental caps.